Monday, July 6, 2009

Flickr Updates

There appear to have been a few new changes to this blogsite since last looking at it. Apparently I can link my Flickr page into this as well - Whoo Hoo!!

A few months ago after a trip back to Australia I saw a friends DSLR photos and was amazed at the quality of the shots. So soon after getting back I decided to splurge and get one. While I could have picked up a brand spanking new one through Customs I ended up getting a Canon EOS 400D on eBay cheap (ish). The sad thing was that the previous owner had never used it - only taking 600 odd photos! Ive taken more than that on a wander through a local village festival!!

Soon after buying the camera a fellow I work with bought a flash for his 450D, and after seeing the extra wow having a flash brings to the shots, I decided I needed a bit of that action too. Thankfully I found an amazing blog that details the world of Strobist photography, and now with a great DSLR, an awesome 430EX II Flash and some budget remote flash triggers from Hong Kong Im ready to take on the World!!

Oh, and Flickr.. Yeah, almost forgot. The Strobist blog posts to Flickr, and so I figured Id start posting there as well as DevientART. From what Ive seen, the Flickr pools are a tough crowd, though it you ever want to feel good post something on DevientART - Im promise someone will love it and post kind comments. :D

No comments: