Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shooting Food

Who would have thought taking photos of food was so tough? I mean we stuff our face with it (mostly) three times a day, and everyone can appreciate good food when they see it. What is it about the sights of glistening juices and succulent smells that get peoples mouths watering? And how the hell do you translate that into a photo?

Yes, its the latest project on the Strobist blog - Taking sexy photos of food, and with the brief play Ive had today I think I need to revise my game plan before close on the weekend. What did I do? Well seeing as I was working lates today I figured Id shoot some random food stuffs from Tescos. Yep, the compulsory bag of cookies from the bakery section and some spicy chicken and tomato pasta from the too-lazy-to-cook lunch area.
The idea was to have some delicious and interestingly shaped pasta (with the greens and reds of the peppers/capsicum showing through) sitting in a white bowl and the murky greens and browns of the kitchen table blurred into the background. That was the theory anyway, and it sounded like a great idea until I realised I was halfway through eating said pasta I was planning on shooting. Mmm... Not enough to shoot now, so will have to see what magic I can do with the cookies. If they last long enough that is...

No comments: